This is the perfect time of year to make a pot of soup! Don’t be intimidated, this recipe is so easy, you will be making it every weekend.
You can find all the ingredients at your local Trader Joes. Buying your squash already cubed and your mirepoix already chopped in a container makes this soup, and your life, a heck of a lot easier!
Here’s how I did it!
You will need:
- Immersion blender
- 5.5 qt pot
- 5 cups of cubed butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 4 tbsp EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 box of organic veggie broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh pepper
PREHEAT OVEN TO 400
- In your 5.5 qt pot, heat 2 tbsp of EVOO on medium
- Roughly chop the carrots, onion and celery- add to the pot
- Toss in the whole garlic cloves, stir
- roughly chop your thyme and add to the pot
- sprinkle in about 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
- Stir occasionally
7. Toss the butternut squash onto a cookie sheet, drizzle with 2 tbsp EVOO. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Pop into your 400 degree oven for about 20 mins, tossing them halfway through.
8. Add the Squash to your pot
9. Pour in your veggie broth and add bay leaves
10. Cover on your stove top for about 2 hrs, to let the flavor really develop. Stirring occasionally.
11. Using your immersion blender, puree until it becomes smooth.
Enjoy with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese 😉