I love creating dishes on a whim, with whatever I have in my fridge. Eggplant and kale jumped out to me, and this yummy dish was created 🤗
This is a very light meal because there’s no heavy sauce, and all the flavor comes from the eggplant and kale. To make it healthier you can swap out real breadcrumbs for grain free ones. But definately don’t skip the cheese 😉😋
heres what you need :
1 large eggplant
2 cups of Italian panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated locatelli cheese
1 small bunch of lacinto kale
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of salt
1 pound of quinoa pasta (I love Trader Joe’s brand)
4 tbsp evoo
locatelli cheese for when the pasta is plated
Preheat oven to 400
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil
- Cut your eggplant into cubes, leaving the skin on.
- whisk your eggs in a small bowl
- Put the breadcrumbs in another bowl, along with your grated locatelli. Mix
- begin to coat your eggplant with the egg, then with the breadcrumbs.
- Place your eggplant evenly on the cookie sheet and drizzle with your evoo.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, turning them halfway. When they’re golden brown, they’re done.
- Rinse your Kale, and remove the stems. Give it a rough chop
- On low heat add a tsp of evoo in a medium size sauté pan, toss in the kale and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and Locatelli.
- Toss it with tongs until it has wilted, set aside.
- boil water for your pasta and cook it.
- Once everything is done, you can mix it in a large serving bowl.
- Plate your pasta and sprinkle some extra cheese on top!