EVERYONE in my house loved these! Adult and kid friendly is a major win 🙌🏻
Like many people, I always buy frozen chicken tenders as an easy dinner for my kids. I have to say they don’t come close to being as tasty as these homemade ones.
You can make whatever size batch you want, and pop some in the freezer for another day. Just double up on the recipe for extras 👍🏻
You will need :
1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (or regular)
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (locatelli)
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tbsp avocado oil or evoo
- In a small bowl, mix your dry ingredients together. in another bowl, whisk your egg
- Cut your chicken into 1 inch cubes
- In a large sauté pan, start to warm your oil on very low heat (I’d start out with 2 tbsp of your oil, then add the rest when you start cooking your second batch of chicken)
- Begin to coat your chicken in the egg, then into the coating. You can do this in small batches.
- Place them in your pan, making sure not to crowd them.
- Bring the heat up a little bit under your pan. (Medium)
- Cook them for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until their a golden brown. (If you worry they’re not cooked through, you can always pop them in the oven for 10 minutes at 375)
- I used my metal fish spatula to turn them, because I felt using a plastic one would catch the breading and take some off of the chicken.
- Once their cooked, place them on a paper towel covered plate to drain.
You can serve them up with ketchup, honey mustard, or whatever dip you like!
These would be perfect for a party appetizer! Adults will love them just as much as kids 😉
3 thoughts on “Parmesan chicken tenders”
Those look delicious
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.