This dinner was a last minute idea, and boy am I happy that I thought of it! We all have those nights where you just want something light for dinner, and won’t take hours to prepare.
I already had a pound of organic ground chicken thawed out in my fridge, and a couple other ingredients on hand, so i decided to get to work. These burgers are packed with flavor and on top of that, great nutrition value from the fresh ingredients. You will be left completely satisfied, and not in the kitchen cleaning up forever!
-1 lb of organic ground chicken ( I order mine from Us wellness meats )
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-1/4 cup of garlic and herb feta crumbles ( you can chop them up a little extra if they are big pieces)
-2 cups of fresh spinach
- In a medium bowl, sprinkle the ground chicken with salt and pepper
- In a med pan, heat extra virgin oo on med- high heat and add fresh spinach, toss to coat and saute until the spinach turns a dark green and has wilted. Let cool
- Mix cooled spinach in with ground chicken and sprinkle in feta cheese.
- Form about 4 med size patties
- sprinkle both sides with garlic powder
- heat a large skillet with 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on med-high heat. Once it is hot, but not smoking, add chicken burgers.
- Reduce heat to Medium and cook both sides for about 8-10 minutes. Depending on how thick you made them, you can always finish them off in the oven, set at a temp of 350 for an additional 15 minutes. Mine were browned on the outside but not quite done inside, so I finished them in the oven.
Serve these burgers with my beefsteak tomato and cucumber salad ( recipe on blog ) for a light lunch or dinner!