We have all been there..It’s Monday and you have no idea what your going to make for dinner!? It’s easy to fall off the wagon when your starving. Grabbing the chips in the pantry, the burrito in the freezer or maybe there’s a lost pint of ice cream buried somewhere?
This dinner is quick, easy and most of all, HEALTHY! yayyy for Zoodles! 🙂
You will need a veggie spiralizer to make the zoodles, a steamer to throw in a pot, and a med to Lg saute pan
- 2 lbs of ground turkey, chicken or beef
- 3 med zucchinis
- locatelli cheese
- 1 sm can of murr glen fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt to your liking
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Brown the meat of your choice in a large saute pan, seasoning with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano (you can also add fresh garlic if you like, and red pepper flakes to give it a kick)
- once the meat is cooked through, add in the can of tomatoes
- sprinkle a nice amount of grated locatelli over and let it simmer on low — I use about 1/2 cup of finely grated locatelli
- spiralize your zucchini , breaking the long strands in half so its easier to eat.
- add zoodles to your steamer, steaming them until they are tender, but not mushy (just keep an eye on them)
- serve the meat and tomatoes over your zoodles, sprinkle a little more locatelli cheese and enjoy!!!
2 thoughts on “Zucchini zoodles with ground chicken and fire roasted tomatoes”
I’ve made this. It’s so yummy. Love your blog, Kate !
Thank you FRAN! SO happy your enjoying the recipes 🙂