Here we are with another week ahead of us! time flies. Last weeks menu really helped me plan and organize our week ahead. I felt more relaxed when it came to dinner time, and really enjoy having all the ingredients ready to go. What was your favorite part about the dinner ideas? comment below 🙂
- One Pan Chicken or Shrimp fajitas
You will need a cookie sheet
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (depending on how many your cooking for)
or 1 lb of wild peeled and deveined shrimp
1 package of organic taco seasoning
1 small sweet onion
2 green pepper
1 red pepper
2 tbsp. evoo
- place the chicken on one end of the cookie sheet. drizzle it with 1 tbsp. evoo .
- slice your onions and peppers, place on the other side of the sheet.
- drizzle the veggies with the rest of the evoo, and sprinkle the taco seasoning over everything.
- pop in a 375 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Slice the chicken
- you can serve them with Spanish rice in a bowl, topped with homemade or store bought guacamole, sour cream, salsa and cheese. or with warm your tortillas.
- my favorite way to enjoy this is over romaine hearts, topped with guacamole and my favorite salsa.
2. Easy Coconut curry with veggies or chicken
This recipe is right here on my blog, and its SO easy and delicious. Serve it over steamed veggies (sugar snap peas, red peppers, broccoli, mushrooms) it’s also delicious with chicken or fish. I always serve it with shrimp over wild rice or quinoa.
3. Better than takeout Chicken and Broccoli
I made this tonight and it comes together in no time. My husband had seconds and said its one of his new favorites. I’d call it a winner!
you will need a med/large skillet
- 1 lb of ground chicken (this serves about 3, so double up if your feeding more)
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ginger paste (you can usually find this by the fresh herbs)
- 2 tbsp. garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut aminos (Mine is from Trader Joe’s)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp. evoo or refined coconut oil
- Cut your head of broccoli into florets, keeping the stems short
- heat the evoo on med/low heat in your skillet. Add in the broccoli, 1 tbsp. garlic paste, 1 tbsp. ginger paste, and salt. Stir, and cover, with heat on low for about 10 minutes.
- remove the broccoli and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the ground chicken to the same pan, with your remaining garlic and ginger.
- stir until its cooked through, then add back in the broccoli.
- cover for another 10 minutes until the broccoli has softened.
I served this over wild rice, and topped it with sesame seeds.
4. Chicken feta burgers with fresh spinach
You can serve these on buns, lettuce wraps, or enjoy them with a salad. In the instructions I cooked them in a skillet, but you can easily bake them instead at 375 for about 30 minutes
5. Garlic roasted veggie pasta
This is my favorite meal! its easy clean up, and you can make a big batch so there’s always leftovers. It can be served hot or cold, and even makes a great side.
You will need a large cookie sheet
- 1 medium sweet onion roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers roughly chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash sliced
- 4 tbsp. evoo
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pasta of choice (I used ancient harvest elbow pasta)
- locatelli cheese, or any parmesan you can find
- In a measuring cup, whisk together your garlic and evoo
- spread all your veggies out on the cookie sheet, and drizzle the evoo all over them.
- mix everything together with your hands, then sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400 for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Boil your pasta
- once the veggies and pasta are done, grab a big bowl and combine everything together. grate a good amount of cheese on top, and mix. Give everything a light drizzle with evoo.
Serve it up with another sprinkle of cheese and maybe wine 😉
I hope you find these recipes helpful for the week ahead, and remember to reach out with any questions at all!