I love this recipe because it can be used a couple different ways. You can make muffins, cookies, or bread with it.
These cookies are perfect for a quick breakfast, or afternoon snack. My toddler LOVED them, and I felt good about giving them to her. She’s been SO picky lately, and only wants pirates booty! Can you relate??
Here’s what you need..
2 cups of almond flour
4 tbsp. pure maple syrup
3-4 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1 cup of gluten free oats
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350
- In a large mixing bowl, crack your eggs and whisk. Now you can add vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, maple syrup, melted coconut oil. whisk
- In a medium bowl, mash your bananas until they are smooth. Add them to the egg mixture and stir.
- Next you can add the oatmeal, almond flour and chocolate chips one by one. fold everything in with a spoon.
- If your making cookies, use an ice cream scooper to scoop the batter out and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake them for about 10 minutes on the center rack of your oven. When they begin to be a golden brown on top, they are done!
**If your making muffins, I’d suggest baking them for about 15-20 minutes, checking the center with a knife, and when it comes out clean they’re done.
**For bread, grease the loaf pan, and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
2 thoughts on “Oatmeal banana chocolate chip cookies”
Wow! Thank you for this recipe! I have a little daughter as well and would feel good about giving them to her – much better than shop bought cookies…and obviously I would love to eat them as well 🙂
yes she will love them! enjoy