I’m so excited to be cooking with you guys this week! This recipe is really easy to put together, so it’s perfect for our first livex cooking date 🤗
Below I’ve listed the ingredients, so you can grab them before Tuesday.
I’ll make a few suggestions for what you can prep ahead of time, so your organized and can easily follow along. You can do all of them, or some. Whatever works best for you!
**Trader Joe’s will have everything on this list, or your local grocery store.
- Chili powder (1 tbsp)
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium/large sweet onion
- Quinoa 1 cup uncooked (2-1/2 cups cooked) look for one that you DO NOT have to soak.
- Chicken (rotisserie or 2 large boneless skinless breasts)
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- Enchilada sauce (2 cups)
- 1 large or 2 small bags of shredded Mexican cheese
OPTIONAL FOR TOPPINGS
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- sour cream
PREP AHEAD OF TIME
PRE HEAT OVEN TO 350
- Have a large skillet out on your stove top
- Dice onion
- Dice red pepper
- Drain the black beans
- mince garlic
- Cook and shred your chicken. If your using store bought rotisserie, shred the chicken.
- Have your 8 inch square baking dish out, and greased with evoo
- quinoa cooked
- Have other ingredients on the counter so you don’t have to go looking for them 🙂
- GLASS OF WINE POURED! 💃🏼🙌🏻🍷
- In and large skillet, on low heat, drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in your diced onion, red pepper, and minced garlic. Stir
- Season with a pinch of salt
- Cook until onions and peppers have softened. About 5 minutes
- Remove from heat. Add the quinoa, chilis, enchilada sauce, black beans, chicken, 1 cup cheese and chili powder. Stir to combine
- transfer to your baking dish
- top heavily with cheese
- bake 10-15 minutes
- turn on broil for 1-2 minutes
Remove from the oven and top with (optional) sour cream, avocado and chopped cilantro.