This recipe will be on weekly rotation in our home. It was a hit with everyone, even my picky father 😉
You will need:
2 loaf pans (if you don’t have any, you can get them cheap at your grocery store)
3 lbs of ground turkey (you will have leftovers!)
2 medium green bell peppers
1 medium sweet onion
2 TBSP evoo
1 jar of organic salsa
2 cups of Mexican cheese
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 can of organic black beans
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
PREHEAT OVEN TO 375
- Dice up the green peppers and onion, and place them on a cookie sheet along with the can of fire roasted tomatoes. Drizzle them with evoo and a light sprinkle of salt and pepper. Pop them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, cumin, chili, salt, pepper, black beans (drained) and eggs. I know its gross, but the best way to mix it together is with your hands.
- Once the veggies are done, let them cool completely. Once they’ve cooled, add them to the turkey mixture. mixing them in thoroughly.
- Now divide the mixture into the 2 loaf pans. Place them on the center rack of your oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove and sprinkle cheese, and salsa over the top. make sure its a thick layer.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 35 minutes.
I served this with a salad and it was the perfect dinner!