This recipe can be put together either two ways. Rolls ups or traditional lasagna. Either way it’s delicious and very easy to put together for a weekend or weeknight meal.
I suggest serving it with some crusty bread and red wine 🙌🏻
Heres what you need:
- lasagna sheets (the kind you need to boil) I used brown rice.
- 1 jar of Trader Joe’s pasta sauce
- 1 small round of fresh mozzarella cheese. Or you can use already grated, about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 large eggplant diced
- 2 zucchinis chopped
- 1/2 of a Lg onion chopped
- 1 large red pepper chopped
- 3 tbsp evoo
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 container of Trader Joe’s kale, cashew and basil pesto.
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
preheat oven to 400, convection
- On a large cookie sheet, put all your veggies and garlic. Drizzle them with the evoo and salt. Toss with your hands. Roast for about 20-25 minutes, turning halfway.
- cook your lasagna noodles
- In a baking dish (mine was 8×8) put down a layer of sauce.
- If your doing lasagna, you can begin to layer, sauce, pesto, noodles, veggies, sauce etc.
- If your doing roll ups, lay out the noodle and lay a thin layer of the pesto, veggies then the grated Parmesan cheese. Carefully roll up. Put a little sauce on the top of each.
- Last you want to either lay a slice of mozzarella on each roll up, or sprinkle your cheese. Top with a dollop of sauce and pesto.
- Bake at 350 , until cheese has melted and its bubbly. About 25-30 mins.
I chose brown rice noodles for a wheat free option. You can use regular or a healthy alternative, either way it will be delish!!