I’ve never been a huge Turkey lover on Thanksgiving. I’m more of a sides girl. Give me ALL the sides 🙌🏻
I thought this would be a good addition to any holiday, because I know there are others like me that can do without the turkey.
Brussels sprouts and bacon are a dynamite combo. Throw a little sweet maple syrup in and it’s just plain heavenly.
Heres what you need..
- 4 strips of thick applewood smoked bacon. (I bought mine at Trader Joe’s, see below)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil/ghee. You can also use avocado oil.
- I used one bag of whole Brussels sprouts from Trader Joe’s. I’d say it was almost 2 cups worth.
- pinch of salt
PRE HEAT oven to 400 convection
- cut your Brussels sprouts in half and place them on a large cookie sheet.
- melt your coconut oil/ghee. Drizzle that and your syrup over the Brussels, Along with the salt.
- mix with your hands
- roast in your pre heated oven for about 25-30 minutes, turning the sprouts half way through.
- Cut the bacon into small squares, and crisp them up in a medium size sauté pan, on medium low heat. Once it’s cooked and golden, (see below) remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- once the Brussels are cooked, place in a medium size serving bowl, and sprinkle the bacon on top.