This has been a new favorite in my house!
I hope you love it as much as we do 😉
- 2- 1 lb packages of organic chicken strips
- 1 bag of organic baby spinach
- 1 large shallot
- 1/2 tbsp evoo
- 1 tbsp of salted grass fed butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup of organic chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 lg package presliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- organic quinoa or wild rice
*You will need a large saute pan*
- Mince garlic and shallot
- On medium heat, melt the butter and evoo
- Add shallots and garlic, sauteing until shallots become soft
- Add mushrooms, fresh chopped thyme (removed from stem) Salt and pepper
- Once mushrooms have softened, remove from pan and place in small bowl
- Cut chicken strips into small chunks, Add to same pan. Cook until no longer pink
- Once chicken is cooked, you can add back in the mushroom and shallot mixture
- raise heat to med-high, pour in white wine and chicken broth
- stir, bringing heat down to medium and let everything simmer for about 10 mins
meanwhile, you can prepare your quinoa or wild rice as directed. I prefer this dinner served over wild rice. I buy the organic kind at trader Joes.
10. When you are just about ready to serve, add entire bag of spinach to your pan, cover. once spinach has wilted, you are ready to eat!
Serve over your grain and be sure to spoon up that delicious sauce!
To really jazz it up, add some Parmesan cheese!