This dinner was quick, light and full of flavor. I love meals like this, because they’re a crowd pleaser, and you don’t spend a crazy amount of time in the kitchen prepping and cooking. Serve this meal to family and friends, and they’ll think they’re sitting at their favorite Italian restaurant! And don’t forget the white wine 😉
Here’s what you need!
6-8 chicken cutlets (2 pkgs)
1 pkg of gluten free Italian Panko breadcrumbs
5 tbsp evoo
2 tbsp butter or ghee
1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
1/2 cup white wine
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- On a plate, spread out 1 cup of breadcrumbs evenly
- whisk eggs in a medium size bowl
- have a large cookie sheet ready
- dredge your chicken in the egg, then coat with the breadcrumbs. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat until all chicken is coated. *add more breadcrumbs to your plate if you need to
- Drizzle chicken on both sides with evoo. Bake for 15 minutes then turn, cooking another 8-10 minutes. Chicken should be golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan, on low, melt your butter, 2 tbsp evoo, garlic, and thyme. Stir until fragrant. (5 minutes)
- turn the heat up a little under the pan and add in the white wine, and fresh squeezed lemon. Cook for another 10-15 minutes to be sure the wine has cooked off. Taste the sauce to see if you need to add a little salt.
- Plate your chicken, and drizzle sauce over each piece. If your serving it with pasta, reserve some sauce for it and finish it off with Parmesan cheese! I also love to serve this on a bed of fresh arugula.