I whipped up this lunch a couple weeks ago, and it was quick and delicious! I love the fresh flavors of the veggies and richness from the sausage and beans. It’s a winning combo!
Heres what you need…
1 package of Trader Joe’s garlic chicken sausage (cut into slices)
2 cups of cherry tomatoes (cut in half) I used heirloom from TJ’S
1 can of northern white beans
2 -1/2 cups of fresh spinach
1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced (I used garlic paste)
1 tbsp Italian seasoning paste
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (I love locatelli)
crack of fresh pepper
2 tbsp evoo
1 bag of Trader Joe’s gluten free quinoa pasta
- In a large size skillet, on medium heat, start to cook your tomatoes, garlic, Italian season paste, salt, pepper and sausage. Stir often to prevent garlic from burning.
- boil water and cook pasta, following package instructions.
- drain and rinse the beans
- once the tomatoes begin to soften, (5 mins) you can now add the spinach, 2 tbsp Italian cheese and beans. Stirring eveything together.(spinach will begin to wilt)
- once the pasta is cooked, drain it, and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Add pasta and water directly to the pan with sausage and veggies.
- Stir to combine everything! Serve in a bowl topped with remaining Parmesan cheese.