Once you have this cake, you’ll never make it with regular flour and sugar again! Promise 😉
My parents are here visiting for my sons first birthday, and when my dad heard I was making this cake, he turned his nose up. He asked why I was making a “fake cake” 😆 I explained why I chose to swap out regular white flour and sugar for healthier options. He was skeptical, but decided to try it.
He LOVED it 🙌🏻
Once my dad approves, then I know I’m doing something right 😜
What you will need…
2 cups shredded carrots
3 cups almond flour
1 stick of softened butter
1 cup melted coconut oil
3 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup coconut sugar
*optional raisens and walnuts, 1/2 cup of each
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350
- Shred your carrots and set aside
- In a Bowl, using a hand held mixer, combine the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing it again with your hand held mixer.
- Last you want to add in your carrots, folding them into the batter with a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the batter into 2- 9 inch cake pans. Spread the batter into an even layer.
- Place both pans on the center rack of your oven, baking for about 30 Minutes. When a knife comes out clean, they’re done!
- let them cool on a rack.
- Now you can start to make the icing! This is the real thing, I can’t skimp on the cream cheese frosting 😜
CREAM CHEESE ICING
2 blocks of softened cream cheese
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
In a medium size bowl, using a hand held mixer, begin to mix the cream, and vanilla. Slowly add in the powdered sugar. Taste it to make sure it’s sweet enough 🙂 add more sugar if you need to.
Now that the cakes are cool, you can frost them. I put one layer on a cake stand, ice the top of it, then put the other cake on top. Ice the entire thing and decorate it with walnuts!
3 thoughts on “Carrot cake”
I’m checking out my fridge and pantry right now!
Looks so good! I’m going to try it this week. I have never heard of coconut sugar, is that easy to find?
Hi! Yes you should be able to find it at your local grocery store 🙂