Only these beauties could make Monday tolerable 😍
I’ve always been coconut obsessed. Coconut lotion, candles, shampoo, you name it, I’ve used it. Coconut somehow transports you to warmer days, dreaming of your toes in the sand 🌴 When those dreams are also wrapped in chocolate, I call it heaven 🙌🏻
These cookie bars are gluten free, grain free, and contain NO refined sugar. Enjoy a little sweetness without the guilt!
Here’s what you need..
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 1/2 cups milk or semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup melted unrefined coconut oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
1 tbsp furtherfood collagen
PREHEAT OVEN TO 375
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- In another bowl, combine your wet ingredients || You always want your eggs room temp, otherwise when you mix in the coconut oil, it could harden||
- Combine the dry with the wet ingredients, and don’t forget about those chocolate chips!
- Pour into a 8×8 greased baking dish. Making sure it’s an even layer || I grease mine with coconut oil, you could use butter or ghee||
- Sprinkle some extra coconut flakes and chocolate chips on top
- Place the dish on the center rack of your oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes. You want to check to see if they’re done by putting a knife in the middle. When it comes out clean, they’re done!