Here’s another great weeknight dinner. It’s one pot and you can add whatever toppings you like to jazz it up!
I stuck with pre made guac from the grocery store, but you can do cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, whatever your heart desires!
Im thinking this could even work as a crock pot meal! just cook the quinoa when your ready to serve. If you try it that way, let me know!
Heres what you need..
- Medium size pot (I use my Le cruset)
- 2-3 pkgs of chicken strips
- 1/2 of a sweet onion chopped
- 1 lg red or green pepper chopped
- 1 pkg organic taco/chili seasoning packet
- 1 small can of organic diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 lg garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa (I use ancient harvest because it’s already washed)
- 1 can of organic black beans
- 1 tsp coconut oil
**you can also add in corn and other beans you love. I didn’t go crazy because my husband has certain food sensitivities.
SERVES 3-4 people. Double the recipe if you want leftovers 🙂
- Cut your chicken into 1/2 inch chunks
- in your pot, melt the coconut oil on medium heat, then add chicken and a sprinkle half of your seasoning mix.
- once chicken is cooked, you can remove and set aside.
- Now you can add your chopped onion, pepper and garlic. Cooking until onions have softened.
- Begin to cook your quinoa, following the instructions on the bag.
- Add the rest of your seasoning, along with the black beans and tomatoes. Stir
- last you can add the chicken back in
Once your quinoa is cooked, you can add it directly in with the chicken chili, or serve it underneath the chili. It’s up to you!