If your a mushroom fan, then you MUST make this. My husband took one bite and just looked at me, then said “wow”. I’d say this recipe was a success!
Its perfect to make on the weekend when you have a little more time. A glass of red wine is required and I think it helps you relax and enjoy cooking. But that’s just my opinion 🤗
You will need:
a medium size deep pot(I use my Le cruset)
pot for boiling pasta
- 1 cup of diced pancEtta (you can usually find this already cut at the grocery store)
- mirepoix ,which is chopped onion, carrot and celery. (you can find this ready to use at publix, fresh market and Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 cups of baby Bella mushroom chopped small
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- fresh pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 box of linguine. I used ancient harvest, corn/quinoa.
- 2 tbsp grated Italian cheese
- On medium heat, add the pancetta to your pot. Stir and cook through, rendering the fat from it. Once it’s browned, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the mirepoix, stirring
- you can now add in about 1/4 tsp salt and pepper and the fresh thyme. Stir, turn on low and cover. Letting the veggies cook down. About 15 mins.
- Once the veggies have cooked down, you can add the chopped mushrooms. Stirring
- at this point you can begin to boil your pasta water and cook your pasta.
- Once the mushrooms have cooked down, you can add the pancetta back in.
- Bring the heat up to medium high, and pour in the white wine, scraping the bottom of the pot. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Last add your milk/cream, broth, butter and cheese. Stirring to combine everything. If it’s way to thick, then you can add a little more broth .
- Once your pasta is cooked, drain, and transfer it right into the pot. With tongs, coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Make sure to give it a taste and see if you need to add more salt.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh Italian cheese.
I paired this dinner with Cabernet. Delish!