Zucchini is a great, versatile vegetable to have on hand in your frig. You can make zucchini bread, toss with pasta, or into tasty little cakes like I did!
With the holiday season quickly approaching, these cakes are great to keep in mind for your holiday party. Serve them with a garlic aioli sauce, and you have a delicious appetizer!
For this recipe I used my Paderno spiralizer, but you can use a veggie peeler.
*** If you don’t want to pan fry these to begin with, just place them on a cookie sheet after you have made them into cakes, and bake for about 20-25 mins at 375 until golden brown***
-Makes 4 med size cakes-
You will need a medium size bowl, Lg saute pan, micro-plane grater, small cookie sheet
Preheat oven to 375
- 1 large organic zucchini
- 5 tbsp almond flour/meal
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely grated Locatelli cheese
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Spiralize the zucchini into small noodles, giving them a rough chop after so they aren’t very long.
- In a medium size bowl, crack your egg and grate your large piece of garlic, then add in the almond flour, cheese, spices and zucchini.
- With clean hands, mix until all ingredients are combined and form into little cakes.
- On Med high, heat the EVOO in the large saute pan
- Once oil is hot, carefully lay in your cakes. Note: If your cakes seem very loose, you can add in more cheese or almond meal.
- cook until they are golden brown, about 2 mins on each side
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for about 15 mins, until cooked through
Let me know what you think!! comment below 🙂