In this recipe I am using Ancient Harvest quinoa pasta, instead of regular pasta. This particular pasta is gluten and wheat free, so it is a healthier alternative. Quinoa is a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids and is high in fiber and iron. Replace your regular pasta with this and you will never go back!
-One box of Ancient grains quinoa pasta
– 2 medium size zucchini
– 2 medium size yellow squash
– 1/2 of a large sweet onion
-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-2 cloves of fresh garlic
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan reggiano ( you can use fresh grated or already grated, my favorite is Locatelli)
– 1 small can of diced tomatoes ( I prefer Muir Glen, fire roasted)
-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes ( if you want to add a little spice, otherwise you can leave them out)
- In a large saute pan, heat evoo on medium
- Rinse and cut zucchini and yellow squash in 1/4 inch rounds
- Dice onion
- roughly chop garlic cloves then add to the pan, stirring constantly so they do not burn.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash and onion to pan. salt and pepper.
- Saute veggies until they begin to soften, about 15 mins.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, and let simmer for about 10 more mins
- boil water for the pasta and cook as instructed on the box
- sprinkle cheese over veggies and tomatoes
- drain pasta, and immediately transfer to pan with veggies and stir to coat the pasta.
– Serve immediately and enjoy! you can sprinkle more cheese on top if you would like 😉
**This is also delicious cold, and can be made up to 2 days before you want to serve it!