This delicious recipe is gluten free as well as wheat free!
Makes 12 cupcakes
• 2 eggs
• pinch of salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
• 10 mashed strawberries
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 2 cups almond flour
• 1 tbsp coconut flour
Preheat oven to 350
• Dice up strawberries and put in a small bowl. Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of coconut sugar over them. This should help soften them. Set aside
• In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, lemon zest, strawberries , coconut sugar and baking powder. Blend with hand mixer till everything is combined.
• Next slowly add in almond flour and coconut flour. Mix till everything is incorporated.
• Fill cupcake liners and bake at 350 for about 25 mins.
• they are done when a toothpick comes out clean! Let them cool then frost!
You can either make a coconut whip frosting or a classic cream cheese frosting. Add in a little zest of lemon and fresh strawberries to really complete the cupcake!!
** They taste even better if you store them in the fridge!!