I knew this pasta was going to be delicious, but I didn’t realize it would turn out to be one of the best pasta dishes I’ve EVER had !
I cooked this recipe live on Instagram, and I think everyone was drooling! definitely make this for guests you want to impress, or a special “at home” date night with your significant other. You can thank me later!
Here’s what you will need:
1 box of Bertolli gluten free penne pasta
4 cups of fresh baby spinach
2 tbsp Italian herb paste
4 cloves of garlic
1 large jar of sundried tomatoes in herbs
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
2 cups of jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp
1/2 cup grated lobately cheese
1-1/2 cups veggie broth
salt to taste
1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1 tbsp. evoo
*you will need a food processor, nutri bullet or vitamix
- Give the garlic a rough chop, and toss it into your blender of choice. Along with the sundried tomatoes, and 1 tbsp. of the juice from the jar, veggie broth , Italian herb paste and pepper.
- Whirl it all up in pulses, making sure not to completely blend it. You want it to be slightly chunky.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the evoo and pour the mixture into the pan. Keep the heat on low and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. You want to garlic to open up and become fragrant.
- Add the mascarpone cheese, and stir until it is combined.
- Toss in the locatelli cheese, stir.
- Now you can add the spinach, stirring it in until it begins to wilt. (5 minutes)
- At this point you can taste the sauce and see if you want to add more salt.
- Toss in your peeled shrimp, stir and cook for about 10-15 minutes on medium low. The shrimp will become a pink color.
- Simmer the sauce on low. Boil your pasta water and cook according to the directions.
- Once your pasta is cooked, add it directly into the sauce (after your drain it) This is my favorite part 🙂 with a spoon, mix the pasta into the sauce. Once the pasta is coated, your ready to dig in!!
Serve with a sprinkle of locatelli on top! and enjoy!
ox ox Kate