I love everything about lasagna. You can put anything in it you love, make it ahead of time and just pop it in the oven , it’s perfect for a crowd or to just feed a few…I could go on 😆
I love this particular combination because it’s creamy and full of flavor from the mushroom, garlic and shallots. I snuck in the asparagus for some added nutrition and flavor. If your not a fan of asparagus, you can easily swap it out for spinach or lacinto kale.
Heres what you need:
1 bunch of asparagus
1 large shallot
3 lg cloves of garlic
1 small container of whole milk ricotta cheese
2 tsp herb de Provence (you can buy this at Trader Joe’s)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh pepper
2 tbsp evoo
1 tbsp butter
6 tbsp grated locatelli cheese
1 bag of grated mozzarella cheese
2 small packages of sliced baby Bella mushrooms
1 box of no boil lasagna noodles or gluten free lasagna noodles
8X8 baking dish
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350
- Peel your shallot and garlic, mince
- In a large sauté pan, on low heat, drizzle in the evoo and add in shallots and garlic. Sauté until shallots soften. 5 mins
- Add in sliced mushrooms, salt, pepper, herbs de Provence, butter and Stir.
- Sauté mushrooms until they cook down (10 minutes)
- rinse the asparagus, cut off the ends. Cut stalks into 1 inch pieces. Add to mushrooms, stir.
- While the veggies are cooking, grab a mixing bowl and spoon the ricotta cheese into it, along with a pinch of salt, garlic powder, crack of pepper and locatelli cheese. Stir to combine.
- You can add the veggie mixture to the ricotta. Fold everything together until it’s combined. It will have a creamy texture 🙌🏻
- Now you can begin to assemble your lasagna. Grease your pan and start with a layer of the veggie/cheese mixture, then lasagna noodles and last, mozzarella cheese.(you don’t need to do a very thick layer of the veggie mixture. Just enough to cover the noodles) Do as many layers as you can, finishing off the top with a layer is lasagna noodles and last a good layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and pop in the oven for 35 minutes. (If using no boil pasta) remove tin foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
Serve with a salad salad and enjoy!!