Everyone has their favorite chili recipe. I figured I’d share mine with you, because it’s a favorite in our home ☺️
This chili is more on the chunky side, with hearty beans, peppers and tons of ground turkey. You can serve this alone, or topped with cheese and sour cream. I prefer it over some crunchy romaine, shredded cheese, and a dash of hot sauce. Here’s how I do it!
- 2-3 lbs of ground turkey
- 1 – 12 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can of organic black beans
- 1 can of organic kidney beans
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp evoo
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lg red pepper
- 1 lg green pepper
- 1 package of organic McCormick chili seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- In a deep pot (I use my Le cruset) heat your evoo
- chop your garlic and dice the onion
- on low heat, start to sauté the garlic and onion until onion is translucent(10 minutes) season with a sprinkle of salt
- Clean and chop your peppers. Add them to the onions and garlic. Stir and cook until they’ve softened (10 minutes)
- Remove the onions and peppers and set aside.
- Add the ground turkey to the same pot and cook through, breaking it up into pieces. Once that’s done you can put the onion and pepper mixture back in.
- season everything with the packet plus chili powder, cumin, and the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Drain the beans and add them to the pot, along with the can of tomatoes.
- Stir everything to combine and put the heat on low. Simmer on your stove top for a couple hours. Stirring occasionally.
Once the chili has simmered, you can turn the heat off and just let it hangout on the stove top until your ready to serve.