-2 cups almond flour
-1 tbsp coconut flour
-1/2 cup coconut sugar
-3 tbsp melted coconut oil
-3 tbsp coconut milk ( canned, full fat )
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup coconut (I prefer unsweetened)
-1/2 of a 3.5 oz organic dark chocolate bar ( green & blacks 75% cocoa )
-pinch of salt
– Preheat oven to 350
– line cookie sheet with parchment paper
– In a large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer beat the egg, baking soda, vanilla, coconut sugar, coconut oil, coconut milk and salt until combined. (I used a can of full fat, unsweetened coconut milk, letting it sit in the fridge for a couple hours. I then spooned out the whipped like coconut milk off of the top)
-Add the tbsp of coconut flour and slowly add almond flour.
mix until it is all combined
-Place cookie batter on a piece of saran wrap. cover and place in fridge for 45 min to an hour to let it firm up.
***This dough can be a little sticky, so when rolling or spreading it out, I make sure my hands are damp. I found spreading it out with my hands was the easiest.
– Remove dough from fridge and lay it out on a sheet of parchment or wax paper. Like I stated above, use your hands to work it out into a circle. keeping the dough about 1/2 inch thick.
– Using a small circle cookie cutter or the rim of a mason jar (that’s what i used) cut out the cookies and place them on the ready cookie sheet with parchment paper.
*** when you can’t cut out anymore cookies in the dough, form a ball with what you have left, and roll that out again and cut as many cookies from it as possible.
– Bake cookies for about 15 mins. they should be browned around the edges. Once done, let them cool completely on a wire rack or cookie sheet. (leave oven on)
Now for the chocolate and toasted coconut..
***When melting chocolate you can either do it in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl for about 1 min. Or on the stove top in a bowl over boiling water.
-I chose to do it on the stove top , breaking up half of the bar into pieces, placing them in a glass bowl over the boiling water. Stir constantly.
– At the same time toast the coconut by spreading out a thin layer on a cookie sheet and baking for about 2 mins, until light brown.
– Once chocolate is perfectly melted, grab one of your cooled cookies and spread the chocolate onto half , then sprinkle the toasted coconut on. Continue until every cookie is covered. Place cookies on your favorite plate and try not to eat them all