Did I have you at creamy chicken and biscuits?! 💁🏼♀️ On top of all the deliciousness, it’s a one pan dinner AND family friendly 🙌🏻 I plan on making this when we have family in town for Thanksgiving. Everyone loves a good cozy meal when it’s chilly outside!
Here’s how I did it – as always, if you have questions just email me or DM me on Instagram ❤️
1 rotisserie chicken (I picked up one at fresh market)
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 medium sweet onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
**Tip: you can find Mirepoix already cut and ready to go at Trader Joe’s. I’d say 1 container would work
3 bay leaves
2 cups of chicken stock
2 packages of microwaveable wild rice
3 containers of Pacific food condensed creamy chicken (I find this brand at fresh market and Publix!)
fresh cracked pepper
1 tsp dried thyme
1 package of flaky biscuits
1 tbsp salted butter (I use kerrygold or Plugra)
– You will want to use an oven safe pan if you plan on making this a one pan dinner. If you don’t have one, then you can always transfer it to a baking dish before popping it in the oven! No biggie.
Serves 4-5 adults
PREHEAT your oven to 350
- In a large sauté pan, on med/low heat, sauté your onions, carrots and celery in butter. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. (I always add salt and pepper while I’m cooking, tasting it along the way. You can always add more but you can’t take it out!)
- When the veggies start to soften (10 mins or so) add in your bay leaves and chicken stock. Give it a stir and let it simmer for about 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, pick apart the chicken! Make sure it’s shredded and the pieces aren’t too big.
- Next you’ll add the chicken to the pan, stir to combine.
- Microwave your rice, and add that to the pan! (How easy was that?)
- Add in the condensed soup, stirring to combine it with the chicken and rice. This is when you’ll want to give it a little taste to see if you’d like more salt 👌🏻
- Last, open your biscuits and break a whole one in half (I added a whole biscuit, and the bottom ended up not being cooked enough, so pulling them in half works better)
- Pop the pan or baking dish in the oven for about 20 mins, or until it’s bubbling and the biscuits are golden brown! YUM 😋