This macaroni and cheese is a staple for any special gathering. It’s perfect for holidays, birthday parties, or a weeknight dinner!
You can use any pasta that you’d like, But I suggest rigatoni, because the cheese gets stuck in the middle, making every bite heavenly!
You can simply cut the recipe in half if you don’t want to make a large amount, but it does make delicious leftovers!
Here’s what you will need!
A large baking dish, mine is 15 inches
1 box of rigatoni noodles
1 large block of Velveeta cheese
1 cup of heavy cream
2 cups of whole milk
1 1/2 cups of grated sharp cheddar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
butter for greasing your dish
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Butter your dish
- Boil your pasta water, and cook pasta.
- Cut the block of Velveeta cheese in half, and cube it. Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Add your milk and heavy cream to a large sauce pan, put the heat on very low under it, and add in your cubed velveeta and grated cheddar.
- Stir the milk and cheese with the heat on low until the cheese melts, add in the salt.
- Drain your cooked pasta, and add it to your buttered dish. Next pour the cheese sauce over the noodles. Using a spoon, push down the noodles so they’re all covered.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top evenly.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until it starts to brown on top and the cheese is bubbling!