The combination of the coconut curry sauce and sweet potato noodles in this dish is delicious!
If you don’t have a spiralizer to make the noodles you could just serve it over rice or mashed sweet potato.
• 1 lb wild shrimp
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 diced onion
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 1/2 cups coconut milk ( i used full fat)
• 1 tbsp curry powder
• 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy add more)
• 1 tbsp grated ginger
• 1 sweet potato
• 1 tsp grated garlic
• 1/2 tsp salt
-Peel and remove tails from shrimp, set aside.
– In a deep skillet melt coconut oil and add diced onion. Cook on med-low until onions are translucent.
– Add in ginger, garlic, cayenne, salt and curry powder. Sauté for a couple minutes.
– Pour in liquids and raise to med- high temp.
– After 10 minutes , transfer sauce to food processor and pulse for about a minute to blend onions into sauce.
– Return sauce back to pan and raise heat, stirring constantly until it reduces and coats the back of your spoon. (Its important to keep stirring it because it will bubble and you don’t want it to burn on the bottom.)
– Once sauce is reduced, lower heat to med- low and add in sweet potato noodles and cover. cook for about 10 mins until they have softened a bit.
– last but not least, add in shrimp. Stir into noodles and sauce. Cook for about 10-15 mins until shrimp are opaque.
** you can taste the sauce before adding in noodles And shrimp to make sure the salt and cayenne is to your liking. Remember you can always add more, but you can’t take it out. I always remember that when it comes to seasoning my dishes.
Serve with a side salad and enjoy!!